Isnin, 13 Ogos 2012

Muhd Iman - Pelukis komik dengan bakat tersendiri

Wassup peeps. Dah lama aku tak buat entri mengenai artis dan komik amatur kan? Well today is the day where I, the mighty pedosagi (miahahahahaha) will start reviewing a comic by this one artist. The name is Muhd Iman a.k.a Budak SeTank (did i spell this right?)

First of all, take a look at some pages from his comic. Well, you don't like the drawings? You start to question the reason why I review his piece? Well I got a pretty solid reason why so just read the entry first okay?

Dari komik "Dead Dead Kennedy's Live"

Muka depan komik "COMRADE"

Ok korang tau pandangan aku mengenai 'komik' kan? Aku selalu tekankan, a good comic shouldn't be judged by it's art but by it's story. Well this is the case here, the story is so damn good that the art just doesn't matter. You know what, scratch the last statement heck I LOVE his drawings. Sure it's not like those flowery shoujo-manga style, not as dynamic as the mainstream shounen-manga style and heck it's not even close to the American MARVEL-DC style. Well, it may have the influence of manga in it, at least that's how I see it but still, it's unique. Rarely you find an artist that can come up with unique style of his own. So the art may not be as appealing to majority of the reader but I just love the uniqueness of the art. 

Okay enough about the art. It's just my opinion so it doesn't matter really. What you like and what I like may not necessarily be the same. You're free to judge. I want to talk about his story. Now, I just don't know how to describe his piece. You know how long i've been thinking about reviewing his piece? 3 MONTHS i'm telling you. 3 FRIGGIN MONTHS i've been holding the idea of writing this entry because no matter how hard I try I just can't find the correct word to describe the comic. I especially like his latest piece, Poison Eyes 2 but sadly it was banned because of the explicit content of the comic. I am looking forward for more. Just hope he'll tag me once he uploaded that piece on his FB. Just hoping the comic won't end abruptly after such awesome arc. Please continue even if it's banned I want to read it. 

If I were to put his art in a word, i'd say his art is the reality of the world. Heck I don't think that's even close, i'm sorry i just can't find a word to describe it. But know this, his comic is worth reading, no, a MUST READ I say. Especially to those people who enjoy reading comic that makes people think. Seriously, go check it out. It's really awesome, it got a really deep story and I don't know about you guys but I know I enjoyed reading his piece. Go check it out yourself, it's awesome, seriously.

Maybe korang perlukan masa untuk cerna komik hasil kerja dia ni. But i seriously recommend you to read his piece. Then you be the judge. What I write in this blog is just my opinion and like what I say, we don't think alike. You be the judge, read it and see it for yourself.

Right now he's done with a comic called Dead Dead Kennedy's Live. Go check it out. Unlike Poison Eyes 2 it's not as explicit. So it's free for everyone to read. Check it out at Liga Komikus page at facebook it's an awesome page with lot's of awesome artist and tonnes of awesome comic to be read. Here's the link 


Done peeps. Iftar anyone? Hari ni makan di luar. Miahahaha. Ada yang nak belanje aku yang hensem ni?

Tamated

3 ulasan:

  1. Assalamualaikum, straight to the point i cant agree more with u, every manga-ka has his own stroke or art, some of them are very good at drawing eg. Nobuhiro Watsuki@ Eichiro Oda, some of them have strength in their plot or the storyline even their drawing are not soo eyecandy compared to others eg. Usui, the Shin Chan comic, soo enjoyful and cheerful comic, see we still can appreciate the art within it because shin chan's essence is not lies in its drawing but together with the plot. arghh but for me, good drawings, bad drawings, i just read it and not only read it but enjoy it selagi cerita tu x menyimpang dari Batasan Syariah la. XD

    BalasPadam
    Balasan
    1. waalaikumsalam

      well as much as i enjoy watching animes or read comic with flowery art i prefer a comic or anime that comes with juicy plot and awesome storyline. when we talk about comic/animation, i'd put story above art because i believe a story, no matter how good the art, without a plot to attract the watcher/reader in a long run, would still be crap. anime in the old days does not need awesome graphic and art but still able to attract thousands and millions across the globe. i believe the secret to attract people to enjoy comic/animation lies in the story. art is the second factor. still important, but not as important as the story.

      Padam